Do you have a basement or a lower level? In the cold winters of Iowa, a finished basement or a finished lower level can transform your family dynamic at home! Whether you’re looking for more space to spread out, a quiet retreat, or just more storage–finished lower levels can become one of the most flexible and customizable spaces in your home — it’s a room that is ready for you and whatever fits your hobbies and lifestyle best!
We rounded up some of our favorite ideas from an article in the Huffington Post (featuring design inspiration from Houzz) for some enviable basements that can serve as inspiration for creating your own!
1. Add more storage than you ever imagined:
3. Build your new favorite hang-out
4. Create the perfect place to play some pool
5. Finally have a spot to show off your collection of sports team memorabilia
6. Create a tranquil escape to do the things you love
7. Let the kids have their own “wreck” room
8. Finally have a quiet place to catch up on your DVR
The options are endless! Check out the full article and list here. However you are looking to design your finished basement here in the Des Moines metropolitan area, make sure you check out our past projects for inspiration and contact us first! Waukee, West Des Moines, Urbandale, Beaverdale, Pleasant Hill, Windsor Heights, Altoona, Ankeny – we’re ready to transform your home and your family’s life!